Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Resurrected!


(I have been having some problems with blogger.


My drafted posts were mysteriously being deleted!? While I managed to salvage some, one post, however, was not so 'fortunate'. It was dealt with an untimely 'death' when, through some technical glich in blogger's system, the contents of the post got deleted! You open up the post to edit it and zilch...there is NOTHING AT ALL! What makes me so peeved is that I had spent a few days slowly piecing the post together, and then just like that it was ALL GONE! AAAARGH!!!! >.<


Oh well, KY reminded me that the things of this world are just so transient...for all I know, one day maybe this whole blog may be deleted! For a moment that thought gave me a lot of angst. If something like that happens, all that effort that has gone into this blog will just amount to nothing! ;oP But then when I reflect on the reasons why I am maintaing this blog, I realise that as long as the blog fullfills that purpose, whatever happens to it, so be it...this blog while it is an outlet and in a way an extension of my consciousness, it is not my everything. So I can deal with all these ghost deletion ;o)


Anyway, as one of the thought-for-the-day on my inspirational desktop calender says, "Laugh a lot! Laughter is good medicine and an important COPING tool - especially during TOUGH times" [emphasis mine] Good advise no matter how u define "tough"! Haha! ;o)


Ok Ok...enough with the lamenting already. Here's the post 'revived' ! Rewritten from what I can recall of the post that once was)



My Birthday Weekend


I lurve birthdays with capital L.


I luuuurve that tingling feeing I get few days before my birthday. I feel like I'm on a high for days. Nothing can faze me. Everything just seem brighter and there's like magic in the air. Oooooh I lurve birthdays ;o)


Even as I turn 28 (like so old liao! @.@), I wait for my birthday like how some children will wait impatiently for Christmas to come. Presents, good food, cake and memorable times spent with family and friends will all be at hand! Woohoo!


This year's birthday celebrations had everything I was looking forward to and more ;o)


4 May 2007, Friday


I think it befitting to at this point give special mention to a zany group of friends I have in office. They never fail to make each birthday (be it mine or someone else) a unique experience. You see, among us, we take great pleasure in organising some kind of 'surprise' birthday celebration for the birthday boy/girl. We can spend days scheming and plotting to come out with the best idea how to throw a cake (not always literally) at the person when he least expects it. Furthermore, each cunning plan that is formulated is and can never be used ONCE. So its quite a challenge, but I think we do it not only just to celebrate but also cos we get a kick out of seeing that priceless expression, which swings from bewildered to elation in a split second, on the person's face. Hehehe...


This year was no exception. At first I was content to just let this birthday go by quietly. Afterall, being older and more mature (*ahem*), must try be more restained. Also, all of us have, of late, been very very busy with work, didn't want them to pull too much hair over this. So I rather deviously decided to take Monday off at the last minute. That might leave them no opportunity to plan any surprise. Or so I thought. Obviously, they proved to be pros at organising surprises and won't let a 'minor' setback ruin whatever plans they might have been planning. With some quick thinking, fast actions and a (pathetic) story of a bunch of misplaced keys, they managed to lure me to the pantry upstairs where they (genuinely) surprised me with a Brownie Cheesecake!


Sorry no pix of the cake...all that's left of the yummy cake is just the box it came in! haha


the box the cake came in wats inside the box


Well, Aileen, Shi Wei, Lil Jenny, Yi Hong and Mr Swee...a big THANK YOU for taking the time and effort to make this birthday (and others) so so so special. You guys ROX!


5 May 2007, Saturday


Friday's little fiasco certainly set the mood (and stomach) for the weekend of non-stop feasting and celebrating with friends and family ;o)


In the afternoon, we went to the Soup restaurant at T2 to celebrate my birthday with Kin Yew's parents, Dawn and CT ;o) Not only was the chinese cuisine superb, the ICE CREAM CAKE which KY's mom bought from Gelare was exquisite! *slurp*


Although I was full with Samsui Chicken, Beggar's Rib, Lotus Root Soup, scallops, noodles and other yummy stuff, I still managed to chomp down a fairly big slice of the purely chocolate ice cream cake! Thinking about it now still makes me salivate ;oP After the cake, I was really stuffed. I think I share everyone's sentiments. Except for Janine, who seems to exhibit more self control then everyone present by choosing not to finish her lunch so she could have more ice cream. Lol.


Janine and Mommy

Later that evening, after leaving Janine with KY's mom and Dawn (for some hands on training! haha), we met our bible study CG for dinner and to catch the latest Spiderman3 at Junction 8. Now, the movie was great, but I think our dinner at the foodcourt was top notch as well.


Dinner started off as a simple affair. We met, sat down, quickly ordered our food, chowed down and were getting ready to make our way to the cinema. Out of the blue, Clarice appears with a cake in hand, places it in front of me and the whole group broke out in a rather loud (and embarressing) "Happy Birthday" chorus! ;o)


celebrating with my CG


My my...I certainly wasn't expecting this ;oP Usually, my CG is rather 'open' about celebrating birthdays. Not much 'drama' is involved. So this time, they really outdid themselves ;o) Actually, their little surprise almost got shot to pieces when Clarice somehow lost us in the throng of people and ended up walking around the foodcourt (with cake in hands) to find us. And then just before Clarice made her 'grand entrance', Julian and KY started acting funny. They were giving each other a weird and talking in codes that didn't sound dota-ish. Very fishy kind of behaviour. But Julian managed to deflect my questions and distracted me long enough for Clarice (and cake) to find us. Anyhow, it was a surprise well done. Kudos to Living Waters CG! ;o)


6 May 2007, Sunday


Coincidentally, my cousin Justin and I share the same birthday too. I have always been thrilled to have a someone share the same birthday as me. Which is wierd, especially when you take into consideration that I can't stand it if someone has the same clothes as me ;oP


As this year is his 21st, he celebrated it in a BIG way with a big eat out session at his home. There were 21 kinds of food/dishes (serious! we counted and my aunty confirmed it!) and to top it all off, a humongous soccor field cake for the Man U fanatic!


The ManU fan's Soccer Field Cake


The thing about May babies is that birthday parties are a pretty big deal for them. Serious. The number of birthday parties that I have had can be counted on ONE hand. The same goes for my cousin. And I blame our educational system for this. For most of our school going years, the school examinations ALWAYS fall in May. Even if we did throw a party, I doubt any of our friends would be allowed to come since they would be stuck at home mugging. pppppffft! So, when May babies throw a party, they do it in a BIG way. Probably to make up for those years we 'lost' ;oP


This party was also like a 2-in-1 party. Not only did the extended family "cut cake" with Justin, they also "cut cake" with me. In particularly, they "cut cake" with the "cake" (a peach strudel) that I had brought and which was ORINGINALLY meant to be dish no. 22. Funny eh, cutting my own cake @.@ I am definitely not going to be forgetting this sometime soon! Haha!


7 May 2007, Monday (Today!)


THE day! and what did I do first? I went for language class. How boring ;oP What to do? Duty to our nation calls first. Haha...Well, at least I got the afternoon off so once class was over I zipped off to the East to join KY for lunch at White Sands ;o)


With only an hour's lunch break to play around, we could't afford to go to those romantic kind of restaurants. Then again, I didn't want to spend my birthday lunch with him at some hot and stuffy hawker centre/coffeeshop. So we settled for lunch at Swensons ;o) Not too bad a choice especially since they gave the birthday gal a "Firehouse Special" (a dish with 3 scoops of ice cream and lots of topping, sauces and whip cream! *slurp*). Hehehe...it was a very very good lunch. Of course the COMPANY made a difference too ;o)


After lunch, KY went back to school and I went on a mini shopping spree! Hehehe...Ok lah...I only bought ONE thing for myself (a pair of shoes) but it was nice to be by myself for once. For an hour or so, I could shop leisurely without worrying about a bored husband or keeping an active toddler from smashing something. It was bliss ;o)


Dinner was even better ;o) KY made a reservation at Friends, a restuarant owned and run by a fellow church member at Jelita, for my parents, Janine and I. I had imagined the restuarant to be somewhat like Blooies. It turned out to be a pretty posh restaurant that served very very very good food! It was truly a wonderful dining experience. The food looked and tasted first rate and the service was fantastic too. I mean, every funny thing that we requested was meant with a smile and they know how to cut cake and serve it for you ;o)


Anyway, to round up the day, I went home and did some HOUSEHOLD CHORES! lol KY had insisted that I should just leave it for tomorrow (or some other day) but being the neat and cleanliness freak in the family, I just couldn't close my eyes to the pile of laundry that was slowly growing ;oP


This birthday has been really memorable...the party, surprises, gorging myself and indulging in lots and lots of chocolate! I've had so much fun. But what I luuurve most is not the presents, the good food or the yummy cakes that I got to eat...it was the time I could spend with family and friends on my special day. And because of this I feel so blessed.


THANK YOU ALL for making this birthday such a special and memorable one ;o)





No comments: