Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 16, 2008

At Long Last...


FINALLY! After 7 loooong years, you are MINE to have and to hold!


Ixus80


Interestingly, I have been eying the Canon Ixus ever since the beginings of the digital camera age. I remember droooling over the adverts and I telling myself that with my first pay packet, I am going to use it to buy the Ixus (back then it cost like $1000!). But then, my dad passed me his Coolpix 885 and so I shelved my little "dream". That was 7 years ago (has it been THAT long! Good grief!).

And then PC Fair 2008 came along.

Why did I wait so long? Well, I already had the Coolpix and this robust little digicam has served me very very well over the years. Only in the last year or so did it start to act up - battery goes flat after a few takes, the focussing is getting off, etc. And while my dad passed me his semi-dslr, the Kodak DX6490, I still looonged for a smaller, more versatile camera.

And what can I say but that I am thoroughly in luuurve with my Ixus 80! I luurve the quick start up, the way how all the functions and settings (there are so MANY settings lah - baby, night shots, fireworks, portrait, etc) are intuitive, quick and easy to access, the way I can hold the camer centimeters away from an object and still take CLEAR shots, the way it can detect a face (face recognition) and zoom in on it, the way its sleek body feels in my hand, the way I can easily slip it into my bag (or Janine's bag!) and bring it EVERYWEHRE with me...IloveitIloveitILOVEIT!!!!

Similarly with every other relationships, where the starting is always very exciting, fresh and fun, so is my relationship with the Ixus 80. There is STILL so many other functions that I am still exploring and playing around with. Its like suddenly my horizon has broaden and I can see and capture the world from perspectives that once I couldn't before.

Documenting life's little and not so little moments has just gotten easier, more interesting and a whole lot more fun.

No comments: