Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 4, 2007

The Long But Mostly SHORT Of It


The weather has been so hot and humid lately. To deal with the heat, my hair would almost constantly be tied up into a ponytail. But the fly away ends and baby hairs sticking up all over the place just kills me. Everytime I look into the mirror I see an Ah Soh. Enough was enough! So on Sunday, I marched into the hairdressers and chopped off a few inches.

Ahhhhhhh...

I like the new do. Its short and fresh, and best of all, its a time saver! Now I don't have to waste time fussing over my hair on bad hair days (which is like almost every day). And KY loves the fact that it also means his wife is finally spending less time in the bathroom (shampooing, conditioning, drying, whatever), but I think he is a little disappointed as well because it also means less time on the computer for him since he claims he only plays when I am in the shower ;op (Hah!)

But there are some things about this short bob that I don't fancy. For one, it means I would have to put aside all my pretty clips and other hair accessories. For another, it reminds me of the bad hair cut I once had in JC which had me looking like a boy and then (because it's so thick and frizzy) a mushroom head when it was growing out @.@

Hmmmm...just as I was beginning to wonder if this hair cut was a good move, I had this rather candid exchange with Janine before putting her to bed...

Janine : *pointing at my face* cut! cut!
Me : ya...mummy cut her hair. Nice?
Janine :*after a shot pause* NIIIICE!

:o)

So I guess this trim isn't too bad lah!



A family shot ;o)


(KY got a hair cut (by me) too. Looking very handsome if I might say so myself *ahem*. The only person in the family who didn't get a hair cut was Janine. And she definitely won't be getting one anytime soon. That's cos, since she was born, her mommy simply refuses to cut a single strand of hair from her head and she intends to keep it that way for until dunno when ;oP its madness but her mommy is just too too too sentimental for her own good.)


No comments: