Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Shoe woes ;o(


I got 2 new pairs of shoes for my birthday ;o)

One pair I bought for myself ($18) and the other pair a gift (among other pretty stuff which I picked out) from KY ($10).

This post was actually intended for me to muse how long each pair would last and whether the $10 pair would surpass the $18 pair in terms of durability and then whether if both pairs are as
hardy as my more expensive ($50+!!!!) scholl slip-ons (which sadly has been retired to the shoe cabinet because I refuse to pay $12 to hammer a small piece of rubber to the heel).

And what do you know?

Today was Day ONE of the experiment with the $18 pair and the straps on the front of the right shoe SNAPPED! The shoe has FALLEN APART!!! @.@ And mind you I wasn't doing anything more vigourous than taking a WALK to the pantry and the shoe dies one me! tsk tsk...

Aileen says this is probably the fastest shoe experiment ever. lol.

Thankfully, there are people in the office who are more prepared than me for a scenerio such as this. Anna, my indispensable teamie, keeps an extra pair or 2 in office and since our shoe sizes are not that far apart, she has graciously let me borrow one of her extra pairs to potter around for rest the day. Although its a bit small but it beats walking around BAREFOOTED...especially when we are supppose to GO OUT for a team lunch today @.@

Anway, I will be taking the "broken" pair back to the shop to see if they can exhange it for a new one. If not then I will attempt to be a cobbler and do some repair work to salvage the pair. At the same time a certain shop at White Sands is going to lose a customer for selling inferior quality goods and bad customer service ;oP

p/s the $10 pair with its SKINNY straps, which has already been worn on several occasions, is STILL going strong.

No comments: