Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Pre-trip Jitters


This weekend, we (KY, Janine and I) will be flying off to Brunei to attend a friend's wedding and I am really excited. I have been looking forward to this trip since the beginning of the year and have started to count down the number of days left since June. Haha. Incidentally, it will be Janine's first on board a plane and a first for me attending a wedding overseas!

As this will be the first time we are flying with a toddler, I really don't know what to expect. For one thing, with all the new regulations on hand-carry luggage, I wonder if I can clear customs with Janine's essentials (milk powder, cereal, bottle, etc) in tow. For another, how will Janine take to this flying business? Will she be able to cope with the change in air pressure? Will the claustraphobic aircraft bother her? I really hope she doesn't start wailing once we lift off. Imagine a screaming child in such a contrained space. *shudder*.

But a couple of things I DO know, and that is Janine's routine (or rather my routine with Janine) will definitely be totally messed up. We may have to drag her off for long bus trips during her supposed nap times and knowing Janine, she may not want to nap at all the WHOLE day with all the buzz that is going around. We have definitely set ourselves up to have to deal with a possibly sleepy cranky little girl ;oP. Also, her nutrition this weekend may be somewhat compromised. I mean, is there going to be "baby food" at a wedding reception/dinner? I highly doubt it. And da bao food from the hotel may not be practical since we may be travelling quite a bit. In any case, this weekend we are going to have to be rather "creative" in finding food to feed the little girl ;oP

Anyway, all this is at the back of my mind at the moment. What is foremost, is whether I have packed everything and if there is anything else that I need to bring along. Oh and also, what to wear to the airport tomorrow morning ;oP Heh!

Now, I better give a call to our travel agent and check with them if and how I can bring Janine's milk powder on board the plane. Later ;o)

No comments: