Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Post Where I Sound Arrogant (According To KY)


Theory: When you go to crap doctors, you will get crap medicine which in turn will make you feel even more crappy.

Honestly, not that I am being haughty, high and mighty, snooty, uppity, just-because-you-think-you-leave-in-one-of-the-prime-areas-in-Singapore-you-want-to-be-condescending, but I believe that WHERE u go to receive medical attention determines HOW FAST you recover.

I present to you my case.

On Monday, I went to a clinic at Tampines for some quick medical attention. My fever had subsided but I still had a pounding headache and it was getting increasingly more painful to swallow. It was near my mom's place, so I thought for sheer CONVENIENCE to just pop in and get some medication for my ailments. I mean medicine is medicine right? How drastically different can the prescription from this clinic be from the clinic I near my house?

Apparently, there is A LOT of difference. Not only did the medication do NOTHING for me, I was getting WORSE! I was coughing so badly I couldn't complete a sentence without hacking out half my lungs. This after being prescribed and faithfully taking antibiotics and cough syrup by the good doctor at the Tampines clinic.

By Friday, I had completely lost my voice, my throat felt sandpaper-ish and swollen and my nose was dripping like crazy. That was it! I decided to pay a much overdue visit to the doctor at the clinic outside my house (the one I would normally go to). After listening to my complaints, he promptly presribed ANOTHER dose of antiboitics (never in my life did I EVER have to take 2 rounds of antibiotics!) followed by another type of cough syrup and other pills to deal with the stuffiness.

Maybe its pyschological (or the fact that this visit cost me $60!!!), but just after ONE dose, I felt SO MUCH BETTER. I was still coughing but the soreness in my thoat had eased considerably and my sinuses were clearing up. Finally after meandering through the back lanes, I am on the highway to full recovery!

Maybe if I had gone to my usual doctor, I may not have had to take that second stronger dose of antibiotics @.@ Then again, maybe the flu virus have mutated so much that "normal" medication have no effect whatsoever. Or maybe I just respond better to a particular (expensive) range of medicine ;oP

In any case, the next time I fall sick, I am going straight back to the clinic near my house. No more dilly dallying and no more compromises!

No comments: