Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

B&J's Free Cone Day


Dieting plans be damned!

TODAY is Ben &Jerry's FREE CONE DAY, an annual event where B&J outlets internationally give FREE scoops to their loyal customers as a way of saying "thanks for the support last year". So TODAY, 8 of Ben & Jerry's outlets in Singapore will be scooping out FREE ice cream!!!!! And with one outlet so conveniently located at Vivo City (very near my office), HOW TO RESIST??!!!?

I rallied my ice cream loving friends in office and during lunch time we joined the queue that was snaking outside the B&J outlet for our FREE treat!

At first, when we saw the queue, we thought we were going to be in for the looong haul. But I must say, the B&J staff at the Vivo outlet did some excellent logisitcs planning. Not only was the queue a fast moving one (all in all it took 15 min max from when you join the queue to when they pass you your free cone), the process was made to be as painless as possible as well.

The staff were on hand to usher you as you moved along the line and some "entertainment" was provided to distract customers during the wait. They had their B&J mascot (a cow) to mingle with the crowd and take pictures. Some of their staff were also going round offering to paint mini glittering ice creams on our hands. There were also some people from ECO (Environmental Challenge Organisation) Singapore giving us some tips on how to save energy and other resources.

They made it such an pleasant experience that I joined the queue TWICE! lol

The second time was REALLY to accompany my friend Karen who decided to do some shopping first before she queued for her ice cream. Unfortunately, by the time she returned from her shopping, we had all gotten our yummy dessert ;oP But since the queue was so efficiently managed, I didn't mind joining the line again with her. Then, since I was in the queue again, might as well get ANOTHER cone right? hahahaha!

Well, it was a VERY fulfilling lunch break and with bragging rights for eating TWO B&J ice cream cones (1 more than all my friends) that afternoon, I am on a sugar high...which probably explains this totally narcissistic shot of myself with my second cone! ;oD

VERY satisfied customer


No comments: