Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 29, 2007

Bruised Thumb ;o(


This is what happened on Wednesday T.T

How I injured my thumb ;o(

So now I am nursing a VERY bruised thumb.

And if there is ever a time where I wondered what other uses the thumb has besides being a pacifier, there is no better time than now to fully appreciate the "supporting" role my thumb has played in my life.

Within the day, I realised that there are so MANY things I could not do PROPERLY without my thumb:

1. go to the toilet
2. dressing/undressing (basically anything that has to do with zips, buttons and hooks)
3. brush my teeth
4. take a bath / wash my hair
5. turn a key (in the car's ingnition / to unlock the door)
6. sling my bag on my shoulder
7. pick up things (which also includes Janine T.T)
8. take anything out of something
9. use a knife to cut something
10. tie a ribbon

And the list goes on...

I guess it is especially more difficult since I am RIGHT-HANDED and it was my RIGHT thumb that got slammed. Sigh...I am just hoping that the nail won't drop off, but i think that's wishful thinking ;oP

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh dear i had that happen to me too. my thumb nail did drop off. it is black then it turns off. but the new nail isnt as strong so u might need some strengthener or something.