Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 5, 2009

NO WATER!


A water pipe burst somewhere on the school compounds today and has left us high and dry literally! Not a single drop of water is coming up from the taps in our block! That means no way to bathe, wash clothes, wash dishes, and even GO TO THE TOILET TO ANSWER NATURE's CALL!

Apparently some taps (and showers) in the other block are still dispensing life-giving water, so hopes not all lost for the 400+ boarders staying under our roof. AND there is a water truck, despatched by PUB, stationed outside for us to gather pails of water for our needs. So, conditions in the hall are still "liveable", a tad bit inconvenient and slightly chaotic BUT still can tahan! Lol

Nonetheless, WE (KY, Janine, our helper Janice and myself) have "uprooted" ourselves momentarily to seek "refuge" at my parents' place until this little crisis has blown over!

It's times like this (and sadly ONLY at times like this) I realise and appreciate just how blessed we are to live in a country where there is RUNNING WATER! Just turn the faucet and TA-DAH! Call me spoilt or a clean freak, but I cannot for the life of me imagine staying and living somewhere where CLEAN water is not so readily available. If ever I will have to "weather" such conditions, I REALLY pray God will give me the sanity to "endure" it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have u already used Mr. Cane on little princesses? Is she afraid on Cane? My son too getting out of control and I am always thinking to buy one, However, quite afraid whether I might cross the bounderies..

kidkat said...

Hoho! I hv been using the cane on the little princess for a long time liao and she does fear it...well, at least the pain she will experience! I do try to tell her the reason why she is getting caned eg for throwing a tantrum or bring defiant before I administer the punishment. And I give "warnings" before I whip out the cane. That way, crossing the boundaries aren't that frequent :P