Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Growing Expectations - Week 35 and About Cravings Among Other Things


Just so I will remember FOREVER.

For the early part of both pregancies, I had morning sickness - the ALL DAY queasiness that, under certain "triggers", can cause me to throw up. I couldn't brush my teeth without gagging from the bristles brushing my gums. Certain smells and even perfumes would put me off.  My favourite foods like bread and chocolates became unpalatable because they would leave an unpleasant after taste. Overly sweet things were also a prob. Needless to say, during those early months, I lost some weight.

Thankfully, by the second trimester, my appetite would return and I can once again indulge. But then my tastebuds would be somewhat different. Things I normally will not eat, I will eat in great abundance :P

With Janine, my "favourite" food items would alternate between noodles, particularly wanton mee, and curry. ANY kind of curry! The spicier, the better!!! In fact, I was slurping up so much curry, that my tolerance for spicy stuff went up. But only in the curry department. Eating cut chillies or belachan for that matter was a totally different ball game. I attribute my curry and noodle loving phase to the fact that both food stuff didn't leave a funny taste in my mouth.

For No. 2, while I don't have any cravings in particular I do have a steeper inclination towards things that are NATURALLY sweet. Other than that, there have been no foodstuff that I particularly yearn for :P So I have been, until recently, been able to eat moderately and not excessively. So weight gain has been very controllled. HOWEVER, in the last month or so, I have become a carbo lover! Biscuits, breads, chocolates, sugars...I will snack and snack and snack on them! Who cares if I had a very filling lunch just an hour ago!

Good grief!

I do hope the fats I am accumulating now will "melt" away when I breastfeed No. 2!

Well, more updates on the growing little one:

- She is now 2.4kg
- She is still headdown and apparently pretty shy. We can't seem to catch her face on the ultrasound anymore :P
- Her movements, while still a lot, is not as vigorous as they were. I think she is running out of space so she can't really stretch her legs anymore! Hoho.

No comments: