Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

There Is A Higher Throne


Ahhh...one of my favourite songs at the moment ^^ (Thanks M for the "recommendation"! Lol) The lyrics of the song are just so "deep" and poetic and Kristyn Getty, the female vocalist, has such a nice timbre to her voice. That said, I love ALL the songs in Keith and Kristyn Getty's album "In Christ Alone". But THIS song is my favourite from the whole collection.

I think I am at a stage where songs that speak of His awesomeness and faithfulness strike a strong but no less comforting chord in my heart. It's like they help turn my perspective from one that focuses on the problems/pressing needs/frustrations that constantly bombard me everyday, to one that focuses on how great and marvelous our God is and reminds me of what truly matters. And then when I do that, life's problems just look so small and trivial in comparison to how big He is. Because when I remember about all the wonderful things God has done for me (and the generations of people before me), surely there is no problem too big for Him that He cannot handle.

The songs from this album is like a healing and soothing balm to my soul right now. And after having listened to the whole album like dunno-how-many-times, I feel so empowered, the world can just throw me anything now and I will not be fazed! Hahaha! I think this is the kind of confidence, courage and boldness God would like to see in His people. ANYWAY, enjoy!

There Is A Higher Throne

There is a higher throne
That all the world has known
Where faithful ones from every tongue
Will one day come
Before the Son we'll stand
Made faultless through the Lamb
Believing hearts find promised grace
Salvation comes

CHORUS:
Hear heaven's voices sing
Their thunderous anthem rings
Through emerald courts and sapphire skies
Their praises rise
All glory wisdom power
Strength thanks and honor are
To God our King who reigns on high
For-ever more

And there we'll find our home
Our life before the throne
We'll honor Him in perfect song
Where we be-long
He'll wipe each tearstained eye
As thirst and hunger die
The Lamb becomes our Shepherd King
We'll reign with Him



1 comment:

marianne said...

Yes!! It's a beautiful song. Even pb loves to sing along... :)