Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 20, 2009

Great Expectations - 28 weeks


I have reached the state where the tummy has "blossomed". So, much to the "delight" of some of my frens, I am looking much "rounder" and have started "waddling". So officially, the "honeymoon" 2nd trimester have ended and I can look forward to more roundness and more waddling I suppose.

And then, technically, its ONLY.2.PLUS.MORE.MONTHS to popping!

Gosh! Where did all the time go!?!

Eeeps! Time to start putting all the baby stuff together!

But so far, besides the 1st 3 months where nausae, tiredness and an almost non-existant appetite rendered me a near useless mommy, this pregnancy has so far been pretty smooth and if not for the growing tummy and accompanying seismic activity from the little one inside, I feel no different from my pre-preggers days. Actually, in all honesty, I was expecting to be totally frazzled by now, what with juggling the mommy-ing of a very active 3 year old who is constantly bouncing and clambering around (and on!) me, work, after-work duties PLUS all the physical and hormonal changes being pregnant brings. But I think by His grace, everything is still "cool". Ok, so there WERE times when my patience was stretched REALLY thin and I snap. But generally, things are still cool. And I thank God for that ^^

Maybe, as some people say, with your second pregnancy you tend to be more laid back, more relaxed, not so "gan cheong". In a way, I think it's true because having gone through one pregnancy already, I am mentally and physically more prepared for the changes. I know what to expect, what things to avoid, what I have to do, etc. It's not like when I was carrying Janine and every new symptom caught me by surprise and I find myself scrambling to cope with the new change. So in a way its easier.

That said, I think it's also because His grace and providence has sustained us so far and kept my sanity in tact! There were days when I felt everything was just to much to bear, mentally exhausted from a days work at office, still have duties to complete when we are back, a little girl that decided that TODAY she wants ONLY my attention and be a total nuisance about it, etc. But somehow, something happens and things turn around. I can only say that it has to be because God did something.

Ok, these are just some thoughts...I think maybe being preggers has also made me more long winded. Oh wait...I think that's from being a mommy. No wait, I think its just a woman thing. Ah wait...I think its just...ME! LOL!

(OK OK...u can stop rolling your eyes now :P)

Anyway, some information that may interest some:

- No. 2 is approximately 1.2 kg
- I have gained about 6 kg (the other 4.8 kg BETTER be from the amniotic fluids and what not lah!)
- Her limbs are longer than average (like her sister ^^)
- She is in "engage" position (meaning she is head down already)
- (I suspect) she is going to be another morning baby (a lot of "activity" going on inside in the mornings. Afternoon is a "quiet" affair. Just like her sister)

1 comment:

marianne said...

waddle, waddle! lol