Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 15, 2008

Random Conversations - Fear


Last night, the little girl was trying to tell me about a story her class teacher, Mrs Yeo, told them.

J: Mrs Yeo tell me a scary story.
M: Oh is it? What scary story did she tell you
J: In a dark dark room....
M: Oh...in a dark dark room...and then what happened?
J: (cocks her head to one side) Hello anybody there?
M: Oh...was there anybody there?
J: (waving her hands frantically at me) Mommy don't talk!


And although she doesn't want ME to talk about the scary story, the little one OBVIOUSLY can't get it out of HER system. She brought up the story again while waiting for me to prepare her bottle of milk.

J: Mrs Yeo tell me a scary story...in a dark dark room...
M: (by now I have some recollection of the story that I had also read loong looong time ago) Oh...in a dark dark room...and then? There was a dark dark cupboard...and in the dark dark cupboard there was a..
J: (waving hands frantically again) Mommy don't talk! Don't talk the dark dark room!

So then it dawns on me that the story had given Janine the heebie-jeebies. And no wonder. The story ends with a GHOST popping out of a box @.@ Eeeps! Even I would get the creeps *shudder* My poor darling.

No comments: