Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Object Of Our Envy


Janine had her final booster shot and her 18 month physical examinations yesterday. No, that's not a typo error. She IS already almost 20 months but she went for her 18 month check up only just because her scatterbrain parents went and TOTALLY forgot about her appointment in Aug what with all the packing and moving. I only remembered about it last week and quickly set up ANOTHER appointment before my poor Janine has to take her shots all over again @.@

Anyway, on the records, Janine now stands at 88.5cm (plus minus a few cm cos she was wiggling) and weighs a hefty (to us) 10.6kg ;o)

On the charts, for her age, she is considered to be in the 97 percentile for her height and 50 percentile for her weight @.@ which in layman's term means she is tall and skinny.

The doctor who attended to us reassured us that the little girl is NOT underweight or malnourished. Her height and head circumference are proportionate to each other which means she is getting the correct and adequate amount of nutrients to grow. Just that she burns up all her reserves so fast (to which Janine demonstrated this fact by attempting to climb up the chair, touching the dustbin and even doing a little dance in the middle of the room) that's why she weighs much less than what another baby, given Janine's height and age, would probably weigh. The doctor advised us to feed her more carbo if we want to "fatten" her up a bit.

Fatten her up? Are u kidding?

#1. The girl is so fidgety. Too fidgety. Even when you carry her she will wiggle, squirm and lunge this way and that. At 10 kg it already takes a lot of muscle on my part to prevent her from crashing to the floor when she throws herself about in my arms. Any heavier and I think my arms will be in tractions.

#2. She has the beginnings of being a model...Singapore Girl...Miss Universe! Everything that I wanted to be as a little girl! Why would I want to "rob" her of the chance to fulfill my dreams?

#3. She can't be my "money saving" little girl any more if she doubles her girth now. I will need to go and buy her a new wardrobe of clothes! But not like THAT is such a bad idea...what a PERFECT excuse to do more shopping...Hehe ;)

#4. More importantly (and this supercedes all the silly reasons above) is I like her just the way she is now ;o) I don't want a michelin baby neither do I want an anorexic-looking child. Janine is just right ;o)

Honestly, I am not very worried about her weight or how skinny she looks anymore. It is no longer an issue for me unlike months ago when her eating habits were much to be desired. At this stage, she IS eating and drinking plenty of milk and snacking occassionally. Rather, I am AMUSED that, given her parentage, she remains such a slim and trim little girl. On the flip side, her papa and I are HIGHLY ENVIOUS that she, under doctors orders, is SUPPOSE to snack MORE! Ooooh...What we won't give to have that kind of freedom to eat as much as we want whenever we want and not worry about putting on those extra pounds!?

No comments: