Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Papa, can you tell me a story?"


Here's KY making up a story for the little girl using her small wooden blocks. From where I am sitting at the computer, I can make out something about a "lady bug" and some other "bug" working together to do something.

20081112_Chilling at home 001


One thing's for sure, KY is the FUN parent, who will romp around with the girl (when he has the energy and NOT on the computer) and spin stories or make up a game out of thin air. He is always so ENGAGED with the girl.

Me? I am the grouchy, uptight parent who too often wields (or threatens to wield) the cane and, even if I have LOADS of energy, does utterly boring things with the girl like WATCH her play with her toys because try as I might, I take a SUPER long time to think of any CREATIVE play. So I end up just fiddling with her toys together with her for a while before giving up and leaving her to "explore" on her own. Sometimes, for lack of a better idea, I just suggest a cartoon from her growing DVD collection. Its a good thing she is a TV junkie like me so the two of us are very comfortable just chilling on the couch :P I am SO the engaging parent. Pfffft!

Ok, maybe the ONE creative thing I like to do and Janine likes to do as well is to draw together. Oh, I simply love drawing for her because even (to me) the most awful slipshod cartoon brings forth squeels of delight from the little girl. Even KY's STICK figures renders the same reaction from her! Lol! She finds great delight in watching her "tiger", "Nemo", "Thomas" or whatever character "come to life" under my pen. And she has no lack of creative juices either. She will add on her own "stories" or characters to the pictures that I have drawn under her requests. We love to see what she will come up with and we have had quite a lot of surprises (YES! I promise to post some of her creations *fingers crossesd*). Ok lah, maybe I am not THAT boring a parent lah *consoling myself*.

No comments: