Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Random conversations - Girl of boy?


As my helper was putting Janine into her high chair for her to have her dinner tonight, the conversation at the dining table somehow turned to "the baby in mommy's tummy" and the following exchange ensued:

H : Do you want mommy to have a boy or a girl?
J : (without hesitation) Girl!
H : Then what if the baby is a boy? Will you still love the baby?
J : (again without hesitation) Yes!


Awwwwww...how sweet :) I wanted to squeeze her silly after I heard that. A fellow mommy in the Hall had shared with me how her eldest didn't talk to her for 2 days after her no. 2 was born and this happened despite their efforts to prepare the girl way way way before hand. So I really wonder how our own little girl is going to take to her new sibling. Friends have asked me if Janine knows whether she is going to be a big sister and while we have told her, so theoretically she knows, I doubt whether she fully UNDERSTANDS the implication of it all.

Anyway, this question on whether she wants a baby sister or brother has been posed to the little girl several times and in varying forms and always, her answer has been a VERY FIRM "girl" or "baby sister"! Lol. Oh well, we shall see if she gets her "wish"!

No comments: