Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 12, 2008

Now We Know


This morning, the princess (got) woke(n) up earlier than usual and kicked up a racket when she realised that I was already up and getting ready for work (read: going to leave her for the next 9 hours). I, the hard hearted mommy, resolved not to let her crying get to me and carried on putting my things together, leaving the girl to wail and writhe in her Papa's arms.

After a few minutes of tolerating the seemingly anguished, distraught and heartbreaking cries of a little girl who obviously have separation issues, my sleep deprived husband rouses from his sleep and admonishes the screaming one with the promise of the "rotan (cane)" if she keeps this up.

With the battle clearly not in her favour, she, slumped on the bed, tries a (rather weak) last attempt to collaborate with her father in an effort to detain me at home.

J (in a small clear voice) : I want to bully Mommy, Papa, I want to bully Mommy.
KY (half asleep but evidentally highly amused but not wanting to show it): Why you want to bully Mommy? You bully Mommy you bully yourself you know. You already got a sore throat. Your voice already so low.
J (after a short pause): I want to disturb Mommy, Papa. Please. I want to disturb.
KY: ...


The truth is out, people! Looks like we've been taken on a ride all this while!

Dunno whether to reprimand or laugh at her.

Well, before I left the house for good today I snuggled her and gave her a big kiss, along with the promise to be back early to play with her (which she returned with a forlorn look and a small whimper).

My early morning entertainment. The sun is shining a bit brighter today and the monday not so blue ^^

No comments: